Foundation for Endangered Languages
2. Development of the Foundation
Announcement of AGM; call for Officer and Committee nominations
As Secretary to the Executive Committee of the Foundation for Endangered Languages I hereby give notice that:
1. The 9th Annual General Meeting of the Foundation will take place on 10:30th November, 2005 at the Language Centre, Stellenbosch University starting at 10:30 am.
All members are entitled to attend and vote at this meeting.
2. The Agenda will comprise:
1. Minutes of the 8th AGM 2. Matters Arising 3. President’s Report 4. Treasurer’s Report 5. Election of Officers for the year beginning 19th November 2005
Any additional items for the agenda should be sent to reach me by 1 November, 2005
3. The membership of the Executive Committee for the year following 19th November 2005 will be chosen at this meeting.
Nominations for election to Offices (Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary) and the Executive Committee should be sent to reach me by 1 November 2005.
There are up to 15 places on the Committee (including the named Offciers) and should nominations exceed vacancies, election will be by ballot.
48 Thomas Sharp Street, Coventry CV4 8DP, United Kingdom
kseroney at yahoo.com
Programme for FEL IX: Creating Outsiders - Endangered Languages, Migration and Marginalization
Stellenbosch, 18-20 November 2005
OUT MIGRATION & EL
Hakim Elnazarov – Pamiri speakers in Tajikistan
Yevgeniy Golovko: ‘Mixed’ groups in Siberia
IN MIGRATION & EL
Laura Bennetts Tourism & Mosuo (China)
POLICY POWER & EL
Thamar Gindin: Judaeo-Yazda in Israel
BORDERS & POWER
FEL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
K.C. Monaka & Andy Chebanne: RDA and San languages in Botswana
NETWORKS & EL
Raj Mesthrie: Indic and Makhuwa languages in KZN
HISTORY/PREHISTORY, MIGRATION & EL
FIRST PEOPLES II
PANEL ON MIGRATION AND ENDANGERED LANGUAGES