Latest issue of Ogmios, the FEL newsletter
Web news and stories on Endangered Languages
FEL XVIII, our recent conference, was on the theme: Indigenous Languages: Value to the Community.
It took place at Naha, on the Ryukyuan island of Okinawa, 17-20 September 2014.
See our FEL conference page and the Ryukyuan Heritage Language Society.
AimsThe aims of the Foundation are:
- to raise awareness of endangered languages, both inside and outside the communities where they are spoken, through all channels and media
- to support the use of endangered languages in all contexts: at home, in education, in the media, and in social, cultural and economic life
- to monitor linguistic policies and practices, and to seek to influence the appropriate authorities where necessary
- to support the documentation of endangered languages, by offering financial assistance, training, or facilities for the publication of results
- to collect and make available information of use in the preservation of endangered languages; to disseminate information on all of the above activities as widely as possible